Monday, February 23, 2009

Reading Week and the Letter

Please forgive the absence of updates over the past weeks, things got busy and then reading came. Speaking of reading week, I thought it was odd that Company-X decided it would be a good idea to revoke my right to leave the country. Thats correct, I received an email a few days before reading week informing me that "...as an employee of [Company-X] international travel is prohibited unless done so with an approved chaperone present at all times..." I dont know about you but i find that a bit odd.

Returning to the lab today I found the doors completely locked, I actually had to find my advisor to enter the room as I could not unlock them myself. On my desk I was left a note listing my weeks advancements which were to be made. 

I need:
Finalized Materials order
Finalized Chemicals order
and a Lab schematic and timeline

Im still working on my research paper which should be finished tonight or early tomorrow morning (with luck and hard work). 

Also, on a side note, I'm getting weird inquiries from other professors. No one really paid any mind to me until recently, now I am being stopped in the hallways and question about how my research is progressing and when they can see my proposal and defense etc.. Its getting a bit creepy, and the looks on their faces while talking to me is always the best part. They always look slightly scared or nervous. Its great frankly, but I'm also getting nervous, I kinda just want this to take off and then end. 
With a good ending, the more TV and movies I watch the more I believe that as soon as I finish this work I'm going to be killed.. 
Its silly I know, but i cant help it. 
I'm only watching comedies now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment