Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Its just sitting there, as if that happens everyday...

 
I was called into my advisors office this afternoon, rather hurriedly I might add, to find a half copy of my proposal sitting on his desk. I'm sure you're wondering 'What exactly is a half-copy?' well it is basically the last 12 or so pages of my paper. The pages that outline what I need in order to conduct these experiments and the protocols in which I must follow. This is the exact half-copy that I gave the environmental lab technician about 3 hours prior to this 'meeting'. 

My advisors face was beet red, and sweaty. Eyes darting between me and the door he asked me not to sit but to lean over his desk as he said "You can't just give this to anyone! What do you think non-disclosure means..." in the kind of airy whisper that you know was supposed to be a yell before it was suppressed into something much more controlled. 
I was shocked, and mumbled something about being sorry, that I needed some help with something or other. Grabbing the sheets and forcing them through the shredder he turned back to me and said, 
"Do not do anything like that again okay [insert name here]?"
I shook my head to agree as he sat down in his chair, as if this where a James Bond film he leaned forward and said,
"When you get back to your lab you will find something waiting, you need to keep it in a safe place for now, as it will be very important in the future."
"Umm, okay" I forced out (what else can you say to something like that?)

Upon returning to my lab I found this waiting in the corner:
Its locked with a combination, which I was not given. I don't really like the looks of it sitting in my laboratory hindering my daily process. 
I have no idea what I would need that fits into a brief case.... I really wish it had not appeared.

...sigh.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment